This is a form boron. The elemental boron occurs rarely in its pure state in nature. Instead, it is found as orthoboric or borates. Boron’s energy gap of 1,50 to 1,556eV is greater than that of silicon or germanium. It transmits parts of infrared. At room temperature, boron is not as good a conductor of electricity. Boron is available in amorphous and crystalline forms. Boron is odorless and tasteless. Amorphous Boron is a brownish powder. Crystalline Boron is black in color, extremely hard on the Mohs Scale (9.5), and is not a good conductor when at room temperatures. In the periodic chart of elements, boron lies between the non-metal and metal element series. Boron’s chemical properties are active due to many of its characteristics. These include a strong electronegative charge, a small atomic radius, and central nuclear charge. The non-metal of boron is very similar to silicon. At high temperature, boron may react with sulfur, oxygen, nitrogen or halogen. Boron remains stable at room temperature. It will oxidize when heated up to 300°C and burn if heated up to 700°C. Boron is easily combined with a variety of metals in order to produce metal boride. High purity boron can be crystalline. The boron trichloride and tribromide can be reduced to boron crystals by heating filaments with hydrogen in the vapor phase.
Boron (B) Metal Powder Info
Chemical Formula: B
Amorphous Boron & Crystalline Boron
Fine Powder 0.5-0.8 Micron
Crystalline Boron is available in granules, powder and filaments. Crystalline fine Powder available in mesh -325.
Amorphous Boron : 90-92% et 95-97%
Crystalline Boron – 99%, 99.5% 99.9+% 99.995% and 99.9995%
Boracium, bore boro, metallic, boron. boron. amorphous, crystallized, enriched, boron. B-10 pieces. CAS #744042-8. MIL-B51092. PA-PD-451. EINECS 2231-151-2.
Boron (B) Metal Powder CAS Number:
What is the purpose of amorphous boran?
- The boron amorphous used in flares is also used to ignite rocket fuel. It gives flares their distinctive green colour. Boric acid, sodium borate and boric oxide are the three most important compounds containing boron. You can find them in eye drops and mild antiseptics.
- Oxygen-scavengers. Semi-conductor Dopants. Rocket-propellant Mixtures. Pyrotechnic Flares. Refractory Additive. Cementation of Iron & Special Purpose Alloys. Neutron absorber for nuclear reactor controls. Radiation hardening.
- Elemental Boron is used in the semiconductor industry as a boron dopant. However, boron compounds also play an important role as lightweight structural materials, as insecticides and preservation agents, as well as as reagents in chemical synthesis.
- Boron (amorphous Powder) was used as a source for boron to synthesize hexagonal-boron nitride, boron doped diamond (BDD), or europium-doped-BN nanotubes.
- A recent study reports on a study that examines the structure and transport properties in situ of long MgB2/Fe Wires. These wires are made by using , amorphous Boros, and nano amorphous Boros powders. Wire samples were fabricated using a standard Powder-in-Tube(PIT) technique. Transport measurements are performed in Bitter magnets with high magnetic fields of up to nine T. Researchers have found that a mixture of amorphous boron powder and amorphous micro boron powder in equal amounts can be used to produce long wires with no degradation of transport engineering Jce in low and medium magnetic fields.
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd. has over 12 years experience as a supplier and manufacturer of high-quality chemical materials. The
Please note that the products produced by our company are of high purity and have low impurity content. Please.