Boron Nitride PropertiesBoron nitride is resistant to chemical corrosion and is not corroded by inorganic acids and water. The boron-nitrogen bond is broken in hot concentrated alkali, and it begins to oxidize in the air above 1200degC. Boron nitride is slightly soluble in hot acid and insoluble in cold water, with a relative density of 2.25.
Most of the properties of boron nitride are better than carbon materials. For hexagonal boron nitride: low friction coefficient, good high temperature stability, good thermal shock resistance, high strength, high thermal conductivity, low expansion coefficient, high electrical resistivity, corrosion resistance, microwave or transparent Infrared.
Boron Nitride Applications1. Hexagonal boron nitride has excellent chemical stability, and it neither wets nor affects most metal melts, such as steel, stainless steel, al, fe, ge, bi, si, etc. Therefore, boron nitride can be used as crucibles, boats, liquid metal delivery pipes, rocket nozzles, high-power device bases for smelting and evaporating metals, and can also be used as high-temperature galvanic couple protection and high-temperature electrical insulation materials.
2. Using the heat and corrosion resistance of hexagonal boron nitride, high-temperature components, rocket combustion chamber linings, thermal shielding of spacecraft, corrosion-resistant parts of magnetic fluid generators, etc. can be manufactured.
3. Utilizing the insulating properties of hexagonal boron nitride, it is widely used in high-voltage and high-frequency electricity and plasma arc insulators, as well as insulators of various heaters, heating pipe sleeves and high-temperature, high-frequency, high-voltage insulation and heat dissipation components, and high-frequency application electric furnaces s material.
4. In the electronics industry, it is used as a crucible for the preparation of gallium arsenide, gallium phosphide, and indium phosphide, as a heat sink for semiconductor package heat sinks, heat sinks for phase shifters, heat sinks for traveling wave tube collectors, semiconductors and integrated electrodes P-type diffusion source and microwave window.
5. In the atomic reactor, it is used as a neutron absorbing material and shielding material. It can also be used as infrared, microwave polarizer, infrared filter, optical path of laser instrument, ultra-high pressure pressure transmission material, etc.
6. Hexagonal boron nitride is also an excellent high-temperature lubricant and can be used as a component of self-lubricating bearings. Many physical properties of boron nitride are similar to graphite, so it is called white graphite. It and mica, talc, silicate, fatty acid, etc. are collectively referred to as white solid lubricants.
7. Boron nitride can also be used as an additive for various materials. Boron nitride fiber processed by boron nitride is a medium modulus and high-function fiber. It is an inorganic synthetic engineering material and can be widely used in the chemical industry, textile industry, aerospace technology and other cutting-edge industrial sectors.
Tech Co., Ltd () is a professional boron nitride powder with over 12 years experience in chemical products research and development. We accept payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea.
If you are looking for high quality boron nitride powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry.