1. Hexagonal Nitride Boron
Hexagonal boran nitride, also called “white graphene”, has a two dimensional material that is composed of monoatomic layers made up of nitrogen atoms followed by boron. The layered structure is AA’AA ‘……type and it is similar to graphene.
Hexagonal boron nitride (H-BN) is a graphite lattice, which is in the form of a loose, lubricating, moisture-absorbing, light-weight, insoluble, high-temperature-resistant white powder. Hexagonal boran nitride is chemically resistant and does not have an obvious melting point. It also has a high resistance to heat and general metals.
Hexagonal Borosilicate is an excellent thermal insulator, with high thermal conduction, good mechanical properties and high chemical stability. It is used for composite material modification, sensors and ultraviolet laser devices. The layers and other aspects are important.
2. Cubic Boron Nitride
C-BN is a material that is only second to diamond in terms of hardness. It is superhard and is produced by combining hexagonal boron and a catalyst at high temperatures under high pressure.
Cubic Boron Nitride is available in amber, black and with a metalized surface. The particle size ranges from 1mm to less than 1mm. It is a high-quality material that has a high level of thermal stability and chemical resistance.
It is the physical properties that make the difference between hexagonal and cubic boron oxide.
Hexagonal boran nitride has a white color, while cubic boran nitride comes in black, amber and other colors. ;
Hexagonal and cubic boron-nitride are both soft.
Hexagonal boran nitride is a raw material that can be used for the production of cubic boron oxide;
Hexagonal and cubic boron-nitride are used in the production of CBN tools.
The hexagonal boron-nitride crystal structure is the same as that of graphene. Multilayers are used to stack the material. Van der Waals force links the BNBs between different layers. Its crystal lattice has constants a=0.2506+/-0.0002nm and c=0.667+/-0.0004nm.
Cubic boron-nitride has excellent stability in air. It is also very hard (Mohs Hardness 2) and can withstand temperatures as high as 2270degC. At 3270degC, it sublimes. The hexagonal boron is also a very good material for insulation and chemical stability. It has low thermal expansion and shrinkage rates and does not react when exposed to weak acids and strong base.
Hexagonal Boron Nitride: Properties and Applications
The molecular characteristics of hexagonal Boron Nitride give it many excellent properties. They include excellent dielectric and thermal properties, good lubricity (low friction coefficient), low thermal expansion coefficient and high thermal conductivity. At the same time, it also has chemical properties such as strong oxidation resistance, strong corrosion-resistance, and stable chemical properties.
(1) High heat resistant. Hexagonal Boron Nitride (h-BN), when heated at 3000 or higher in 0.1Mpa Nitrogen, will sublimate. At 1800, its strength is two times that of the temperature at room. It is cooled in the air to 1500. No rupture will occur at room temperature.
(2) High thermal conduction. The thermal conductivity (W/m*k) of hexagonal boran nitride materials is around 33W/m*k. It is comparable to stainless steel’s thermal conductivity, but is greater.
Low expansion coefficient. The hexagonal boron-nitride has a linear expansion coefficient (2.06.5*10-6/) that is only second to quartz glass. The material is also thermally conductive, which makes it excellent in terms of thermal shock resistance.
(4) Excellent insulation. Hexagonal boran nitride is a good high-temperature insulator. Its maximum volume resistivity, at high temperatures of 1000 degrees, can be as high 10161018O*cm.
Good corrosion resistance. Hexagonal Borosidria has good chemical resistance and does not become wet with most molten metals or salts. This material is highly resistant to alkali and acid and can withstand molten glass and metals.
(6) Lower coefficient of friction. Hexagonal boran nitride is a lubricant with excellent properties. The friction coefficient is 0.16. It does not increase when heated and it has better temperature resistance than graphite or molybdenum diulfide. Up to 900degC can be achieved with the oxidizing atmosphere, while under vacuum it can reach up to 2100degC.
(7) Machinability. Hexagonal Borosilicate is easily finished using metal-cutting techniques. Turning accuracy can reach up to 0.05mm. This allows for the production of complex shapes from the hexagonal Borosilicate blank.
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd., a trusted global chemical supplier and manufacturer with more than 12 years of experience in the production of super-high-quality chemicals and nanomaterials. The hexagonal Boron Nitride produced by our company is high in purity, has fine particles and low impurity levels. Please. Contact us if necessary.