Amorphous Boron Powder is an important energy material. In a composite solid propellant, it is used as a solid energy fuel. The calorific power of boron is two times higher than carbon. Its volume, however, is three times that of hydrocarbon fuel. Amorphous Boron’s large surface area and irregular shape cause its ignition temperature to drop dramatically.
Amorphous Boron Powder is an odorless, dark brown powder. It can be ignited when heated above 700°C and oxidized at 300°C. As a boron fine product, it’s widely used in metallurgy. Often used as a rocket fuel igniter, airbag starter, deoxidizer and other chemicals.
The amorphous form of boron is more reactive than the crystalline form. Crystalline Boron is so hard it is used as a substitute for diamond when making drill bits or cutting tools. To prevent metal oxidation, a small quantity of boron is added to the metal-smelting process. Boron-copper is used, for example to make control rods in atomic reactors. Boron is a dark brown to black powder. At room temperature it can react with Fluorine, but not hydrofluoric or hydrochloric aqueous solution. Boron is not soluble with water. However, it can be dissolved in boiling nitric or sulfuric acids, and in most molten metals, such as iron, copper, manganese and calcium. It is widely applied in many fields, including metallurgy.
Use of boron powder
1. In terms of energy, boron is the best nonmetallic additive. Because of its irregular form and large specific area, boron powder’s ignition temperature decreases significantly.
2. Boron is an important raw material in the production of boron halide, as well as for preparing other boride-based raw materials.
3. Oxygen free copper smelting oxidizer: Addition of small amounts of boron in the metal smelting procedure, one hand to act as a oxidizer and prevent metal oxidation when heated;
4. Boron powder, used in alloys to improve metal properties, is added to special metals.
5. Boron powder may also be used to weld.
6. Boron Powder for Solid Rocket Propellant
7. Boron powder used as an auto airbag trigger;
8. Magnesium Carbon Brick Additive for High Temperature Furnace of Steelmaking
Boron powder Supplier
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd., a global chemical materials supplier and manufacturer with more than 12 years of experience in providing high-quality Nanomaterials and chemicals. Currently, we have developed a number of materials. The Amorphous Boron Powder The products produced by our company are of high purity and have low impurity levels. To get the latest information, click here. Boron powder price Click on the desired product to send an enquiry.