What is Amorphous Boron Powder
The chemical formula for boron (CAS no. 7440-428-8) is: amorphous element, appearance of light brown to gray black powder, melting temperature 2300+- 2, atomic weight 10.81, L. Hua temperature 25,50, specific gravity 2,34-2,37, insoluble in water and hydrochloric acids, but soluble with cold concentrated alkali solution, which decomposes hydrogen, and oxidized by concentrated sulfuric acid or concentrated nitric acid into boric acid Is 7440-42-8. Appearance is a light brown to gray black invisible powder. Melting point is 2300+-2. Atomic weight is 10.81. L Hua Temperature is 2550. Specific Gravity is 2.34-2.37. Insoluble in water, hydrochloric, ethanol, or ether.
Amorphous Boron powder: Its Properties
On the periodic chart, boron occupies a special place between metals. It has a large nuclear charge and is more reactive. It is extremely stable at normal room temperature. When heated above 300, it will become oxidized and begin to smell. It can also interact at high temperatures with oxygen, nitrogen and sulfur.
The Use of Applications
Amorphous Boron Powder
Amorphous boron is commonly used in the metal smelting industry, ceramic manufacturing industry, chemical industry, and nuclear industry. Amorphous Boron is used for the following specific purposes:
1. Amorphous Boron Pulp is an excellent non-metallic fuel for pyrotechnics. Amorphous boreon powder’s ignition temperature is reduced by a large amount due to the irregular shape and high specific surface area.
2. Amorphous Boron is an important material to produce high-purity boron halid and other boride products.
3. Amorphous Boron Powder, used to deoxidize metals at high temperatures, is added as part of the metal melting process.
4. Amorphous Boron Powder may be used in alloys to improve metal properties and form alloys.
5. Amorphous Boron Powder has greater chemical activity than elemental boron. Crystalline Boron is very hard and is often used in place of diamond for cutting tools or drill bit.
6. Boron Amorphous powder can be used to assist in welding.
7. Amorphous Boron is a valuable energy source. It can be used as solid fuel for composite solid propellants. The calorific values of boron are more than double those of carbon and aluminum. They are also more than two times higher than magnesium. The volumetric calorific content of boron is the highest. It is three times more than hydrocarbon fuel and has a density that is slightly less than aluminum. Energy-wise, boron is the best nonmetallic fuel. The irregular shape of amorphous boran and its large specific surface area also reduce the ignition temperature. ;
As an additive to high-temperature steelmaking high magnesia furnaces, amorphous boron is used.
Tech Co., Ltd. is a professional
Amorphous Boron Powder
We are a chemical product supplier with 12 years of experience. We accept payment by Credit Card, T/T (West Union), Paypal and T/T. The goods will be shipped to overseas customers via FedEx or DHL.
If you need high quality amorphous Boron Powder Powder, feel free to contact us.
Send an inquiry.