Hexagonal Boron Nitride has the same crystal structure as graphite. This structure shows a loose, moisturizing, light-absorbing and lubricating graphite layer structure. Also known as “white graphite”, it’s also called “white graphite.” 2.27g/cm3. Specific gravity 2.43. Mohr hardness 2.
Hexagonalboron nitride is good at electrical insulation, thermal conductivity and chemical stability. Although hexagonal boron-nitride has the same expansion coefficient as quartz, its thermal conductivity exceeds that of quartz by tenfold.
Hexagonalboron nitride is not able to dissolve cold water. The water boils slowly, producing a very small amount of ammonia and boric acids. It is not soluble in hot acids and cannot be broken down with potassium hydroxide and molten sodium hydroxide.
Boron Nitride Properties
1. The heat resistance is high: Sublimation at 3000 at 1800. This strength can also be air-cooled at 1500 to ambient temperature for several dozens of time and not softens at 2800 in inert gases.
2. High thermal conductivity. The hot-pressed products behave the same way as pure iron. And 33W/M.K’s thermal conductivity is higher than that of ceramic materials at 530C.
3, Low thermal expansion coefficient. The thermal shock resistance of ceramics is excellent due to its low expansion coefficient (2 x 10-6).
4. It has excellent electrical characteristics: it is good at insulation at high temperature (1014 O-cm.2000 at 25 and 1033 O-cm. It’s the most efficient ceramic high-temperature insulating material, with a breakdown voltage 3.0V/MV, low loss of 108HZ 2.5×10-4, and dielectric constant 4. This product is transparent to microwave and ultraviolet.
5. Excellent corrosion resistance: It does not react to iron, copper or aluminum. It is compatible with rare earth metals and precious metals as well as semiconductor materials (germanium-siliconium, potassium arsenide, glass), molten salts (crystals, fluoride and slag), inorganic acids, and alkali.
6. Low friction coefficient U of 0.16. This is more than Molybdenum Disulfide or graphite. The oxidation atmosphere can withstand temperatures up to 900C and vacuum at 2000.
7. The purity of high purity B is very high. Its impure content is below 10 PPM, while its content in B is greater than 43.6%.
8. Machinability: Its hardness is Morse 2. This allows it to be processed by general machining into precise parts.
Where is hexagonal Boron Nitride used?
Hexagonalboron nutride is used for making composite ceramics with TiB2/BN and other advanced materials.
1. Boron Nitride is used to release metal for molds and as a lubricant in wire drawing.
2. At high temperatures, special electrolysis and resistance materials made of boron-nitride
3. Boron nitride can be used for high temperatures solid lubricants.
4. Boron Nitride is suitable to heat seal a transistor’s desiccant or as an additive to polymers such as resin.
5. Boron nitride products can be formed into various forms to serve as heat dissipation and insulation components.
6. Boron nitride can be used as a thermal shielding agent in aerospace.
7. Cubic boron nutride can be converted by the use of catalyst to make it as hard and as durable as diamond using high temperatures and high pressure.
8. Boron nitride, the structural material in an atomic bomb reactor.
9. Boron Nitride is suitable to be used as a nozzle in rocket engines and planes.
10. Boron Nitride is an insulator that can withstand high voltage, high frequency electricity, and plasma arc.
11. Boron nitride can be used to protect against neutron radiation.
12. Boron nitride is a superhard material that can be turned into cutting tools, drills and other high-speed equipment for drilling oil wells and geological exploration.
13. Boron Nitride is used inmetallurgy to separate ring of continuous-cast steel, flow groove, amorphous and demolding agents for continuous casting aluminum.
14.Boron Nitride is an evaporator that can be used for any type of display plating or picture tube plating.
15. Boron nitride can be used for all types of fresh-keeping, aluminized bags such as those that are made from cellulose.
16. Boron nitride can be used for a range of trademark gilding materials and laser anti-counterfeiting aluminium plating.
17. Cosmetics are compatible with Boron nitride. Non-toxic and lubricating lipstick fillers. Also glossy.
Boron Nitride Price
Price is affected by many things, such as the demand and supply in the market and industry trends. Economic activity. Unexpected events.
For the most recent Boron Nitride powder prices please send an inquiry to receive a quotation. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Boron Nitride Supplier
Technology Co. Ltd. (), is a trustworthy BN supplier and BN manufacturer with over 12 years’ experience. All of our products are available for shipment worldwide.
Send us an enquiry if you’re looking for high quality Boron Nitride dust. (email@example.com)