Boron Powder Properties
Boron’s weight is only second to beryllium in terms of volumetric heat. Boron is soluble in nitric acids but not water. Amorphous boron powder is chemically reactive, and can be combined with air to form explosive mixtures.
Elemental Boron is a powdery black or dark brown color. When the boron is oxidized, a diboron-trioxide film forms. This prevents boron to continue oxidizing. Boron powder is resistant to hydrofluoric and hydrochloric acids and can be used at room temperature.
Boron Powder Applications
1. Boron halide is produced from high purity boron powder. It can also be used as a source of raw materials to produce boron fibres.
2. Boron compound is used as a gas absorber in the smelting process of special alloyed steel or molten metal;
3. Boron powder is used in rocket fuel to provide high energy.
4. The electronic industry uses a powdered form of Boron as the ignition electrode for the ignition tubes;
5. Boron can be used to replace precious or rare metals.
6. Boron is used in the atomic energy sector as a protection material and for the control rod of the atomic power reactor.
Tech Co., Ltd. is a professional Boride Powdersupplier, with more than 12 years’ experience in chemical product research and design. We accept payment by Credit Card, T/T (wire transfer), West Union, Paypal and T/T. The goods will be shipped to overseas customers via FedEx or DHL.
If you need high quality amorphous boran powder, feel free to contact us or send an inquiry.