|Titanium Carbide TiC Powder Properties|
|Other names||titanium(IV) carbide, TiC powder|
|Solubility of H2O||Insoluble|
Methods of Preparation for Titanium Carbide TiC powder
1. Carbothermic reduction
TiO2 was reduced using carbon black at 1700-2100. The chemical reaction formula for this was: TiO2 (S)+3C(s)=TiC+2COg.
2. Carbonization by direct method
TiC was created by the reaction between Ti powder and carbon dust.
Submicron Ti powder preparation is difficult. This limits the use of the method. It takes approximately 5-20 hours for the above reaction to complete. Because the reactants agglomerate, it is very difficult to control the process. Further grinding is required to produce fine TiC powder. Purifying the fine powder from ball milling with a chemical method is essential to get a better product.
3. Chemical vapor deposition
The synthesis method uses the reaction between TiCl4, TiH2 and C.
The reactants react to hot tungsten and carbon monofilaments. Monofilaments can be used to grow TiC crystals. This method is not able to produce high-quality TiC powders.
4. Sol-gel method
This invention concerns a method to prepare small-sized products by thoroughly mixing and dispersing material with solution. This method offers the advantages of high chemical uniformity, small particle size, and narrow distribution. However, it is complicated to synthesise the product, and the drying shrinkage is substantial.
5. Microwave method
Use nano TiO2 or carbon black as raw materials. The principle of carbon thermal reaction is used to heat the material using microwave energy. Actually, the high-frequency electrical field’s dielectric loss is used to convert microwave heat into energy. This allows nano TiO2 (carbon) to synthesize TiC.
Titanium Carbide TiC Powder: Applications
1. Use in mold making, wear-resistant coatings and cutting tools.
2. Raw materials used in the production of ceramics, as well as hard metallurgical components by powder metallurgy such as drawing film and hard alloy die. Polyphase ceramics can also be used to make hard cutting tools, military arm materials, and aerospace components like gas tanks, engines. They can also be used as nozzle linings for turbine rotors, blades and structural parts in nuclear reactors.
3. It is a good coating material for diamond coating, tritium anticoating in the Fusion reactor, electric contact coat, excavator cut coating, and foam ceramics.
Titanium Carbide TiC Pulp is Main Supplier
Technology Co. Ltd. is a trusted global supplier and manufacturer of chemicals and Nanomaterials. They have over 12 years experience in producing super high-quality chemicals, such as silicon powder.
High-quality products are what you want TiC Powder – titanium carbide Please feel free and contact us to send an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)