Inorganic substance Si3N4 has the chemical formula. It is a ceramic material of high wear resistance, inherent lubricity and hardness. The atomic crystal silicon nitride resists oxidation when heated to high temperatures.
It is a synthetic ceramic. Because the covalent bonds between silicon atoms, and nitrogen atoms, in its structure, are strong, it has high strength.
Silicon Nitride: Properties
Normal temperature strength and high fracture toughness are characteristics of silicon nitride. They will maintain their strength at high temperatures. The properties of the material are:
(1) Silicon Nitride material is low in linear expansion, has good thermal conductivity and thermal shock resistance,
(2) The hardness level of silicon nitride, at 99.5, is the second highest in the world, only behind diamond and BN.
This material is also wear resistant and self-lubricating.
(4) Silicon nitride exhibits good mechanical properties.
(5) Silicon nitride has excellent insulation properties at high temperatures and is an effective insulator.
(6) Silicon nitride is very stable and does not corrode by any inorganic acid except hydrofluoric. It can be found in some alkalis.
(7) When silicon-nitride ceramics oxidize, a dense layer of silicon dioxide is formed on their surface. This film prevents continued oxidation. Its oxidation resist temperature can reach 1400. In reducing atmosphere, it can also be used to up to 1870.
Silicon nitride has a non-wetting property with high-temperature metallic solution and molten steel slag. This makes it an excellent corrosion-resistant molten steel slag material.
Material industry views silicon nitride ceramic as an excellent engineering ceramic with excellent overall performance. It can also be used for high temperature fields.
Tech Co., Ltd. is a professional
We are a chemical product supplier with 12 years of experience. We accept payment by Credit Card, T/T (West Union), Paypal and T/T. The goods will be shipped to overseas customers via FedEx or DHL.
You can contact us for high quality silicon-nitride powder.
Send an inquiry.