What is Nano silicon?
The smallest diameter of crystal silicon particles is 5 nanometers. Nano silicon powder is high in purity and has small particles. It also has uniform distribution. This product is tasteless and non-toxic thanks to its high surface area, high activity and low bulk density. Nano silicon powder, a new generation optoelectronic materials with high gap energy semiconductors, is also a high power light source material.
Nano silicon research is undergoing new developments
(1) Change the amount of silicon-rich and annealing conditions to control the size or density of silicon nanocrystals. According to literature, the critical temperature required for the formation of silicon nanocrystals occurs at 1000oC. We have proved through experiments that this temperature is 900oC. After annealing at 900oC, the high-resolution electron photo of silicon-rich silicone oxide has a silicon content of around 30%. It is obvious that silicon nanocrystals exist.
(2) First time observation of the electroluminescence in Au/(Ge/SiO2) superlattice/pSi structure. High-resolution electron micrograph showing a four-period Ge/SiO2 supra lattice. The bright-line shows SiO2 having a thickness of 2.0nm. The Ge layer has a thickness at 2.4nm.
(3) The nanoSiO2/Si/SiO2 single-potential high-potential sandwich structure was created on the silicon substrate with magnetron-sputtering technology. It was the first time that visible electroluminescence was possible in the Au/NDB/pSi structure. It was found that the intensity and peak positions of electroluminescence oscillate synchroeously with changes in the thickness (W), of Nano-silicon. Further research and analysis have proven that the oscillation time is 1/2 of the de Broglie wavelength. This is explained by the electroluminescence theory proposed by our group.
(4) Er electroluminescence (with a wavelength 1.54mm) was first realized using the SiO2Si:Er film grown by magnetron-sputtering.
(5) First time, a UV-violet luminescence of 360nm at a low threshold voltage was achieved in heat-treated natural silicon oxide/pSi. It is the longest wavelength known to be produced by silicon-based ultravioletescence.
Nano silicon’s application potential
We have developed more than 10 types of silicon/siliconoxide nanostructures and realized photoluminescence in all wavelength bands (including 1.54mm, 1.62mm, from the near ultraviolet to the near-infrared). Also, the photoluminescence under Forward or Reverse bias Low threshold Voltage Electroluminescence was possible. Our photoluminescence model and widely supported electroluminescence models provide the foundation for silicon-based optoelectronics integration. It has significant scientific significance and great application potential.
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd. (aka. Our Nano silicon is high in purity, fine particle size, and high impurity. Please
Please contact us