Introduction to molybdenum Disilicide
This silicon molybdenum compound, also known by the name molybdenum-silicide, has a molecular composition of MoSi2 with a molal weight of 154.13. It is a gray metal solid. They have similar properties to ceramics and metals because the atoms of both types are very close in size and electronegativity. It has a melting temperature of up to 2030degC and is conductive. It is possible to form a layer of silicon dioxide on the surface at high temperatures in order to prevent further oxidation. Its gray metallic colour is due to its tetragonal, a-type crystalline structure. Although it has a hexagonal form, the crystal structure is unstable. The b modified crystal structure. Insoluble in many acids, but soluble only in hydrofluoric and nitric acids.
It is used for high-temperature antioxidation coatings, electric heating element films, structural materials as well as reinforcing materials for composite materials.
Applications of molybdenum Disilicide
They are used as high-temperature coatings against oxidation, heating elements, electrode films integrated, structural materials. Composite materials. Reinforcements for composite materials. Wear-resistant materials. Connecting materials for structural ceramics. These products are used in the following industries.
1. Energy and Chemical Industry: Electric heating elements, heat exchangers for atomic reactors, gas burners, thermocouples at high temperatures and their protective tubes, melting vessels and crucibles.
The refractory metal silicides, Ti5Si3, and others (WSi2, TaSi2, Etc.) are also important candidates for large-scale integrated circuit gates and interconnection lines. They are also important candidates as materials for large-scale interconnection and integrated circuit gates.
3. Aerospace Industry: This coating has been extensively researched and used as an anti-oxidation high-temperature coating. Particularly as a material used for turbine engine parts, such as impellers, blades, combustors and nozzles.
4. Automobile Industry: turbocharger rotors for cars, valve bodies, ignition plugs, and other engine parts.
What are the factors affecting the service life of the molybdenum-disilicide heating element?
1. Fired products. Fired products. The magnetic material industry is the one with the longest service life, and the special glass industry has the shortest.
2. Product quality. Product quality is determined by raw material production and manufacturing processes.
3. The quality is important. A high quality stove can extend the life of its components.
4. Surface problems. Surface problems.
5. Dimensional tolerance. The precise temperature control will be affected directly by the accuracy in the hot-end size. If there is a small tolerance in the diameter of the hot end, then the impedance and cross-sectional area will also be affected, which will alter the heat generated by the electric heating component. It also affects the uniformity or life expectancy of the electric heating component.
6. Furnace operator. The heating element will be damaged if it is overheated or has too much power.
7. Product contamination. The component deteriorates when the protective coating reacts with a product or an atmosphere.
8. Insulation issues. Insulation problems.
9. Mechanical force. Thermal breaks can become softened and deformed depending on where they are placed in the furnace.
What is the cost of molybdenum dilicide?
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd., a trusted global chemical supplier and manufacturer with more than 12 years’ experience in the supply of super-high-quality chemicals and nanomaterials. Currently, we have developed a successful series of powdered materials. Our OEM service is also available. If you’re looking for
Contact us for more information about powder. Please click here to order powder.
Send us an inquiry.