Chemical and physical properties
Tantalum Carbide, a dark or brown metallic powder with a cubic crystal structure, is hard. Melting point 3880; boiling point 5500. Relative density 13.9 and hardness 910. Mixtures of hydrofluoric acid and nitric acids are soluble. It is not soluble in water or any single acids. TaC can be used at room temperatures and pressures. TaC can achieve (200.5%GPa and (12.70.7% mpa1/2) respectively. Chemical properties that are stable, resistant to any general acid base except hydrofluoric acids. Heating in air can make it into tantalum pentoxide. It can also be fused to potassium pyrosulfate. Hong Ding, Chemicalbook edited the information.
Function and Application
1. It’s widely used in cemented carbide as an additive. The main function of this compound is to increase the temperature strength and prevent the growth of particles of tungsten carbide.
2. Use it as a coating on cutting tools to enhance the chemical resistance and wear resistance.
3. The military uses it as a coating to jet engine turbine blades or fire Chemicalbook Arrow nozzles. It can dramatically improve the ablative performance of these nozzles and increase their service lives.
4. Due to its high conductivity. Because of its conductivity, it is suitable for use in electrode materials. It can also be cut using edMwires to create complex shapes.
5. It is used extensively in the aerospace, metallurgy as well building materials, electrical power, mining and hydropower industries.
Advanc3dmaterials (aka. Advanc3dmaterials is an advanced material. With over 12 years’ experience, Advanc3dmaterials is an established global supplier of chemical materials. High quality Tantalum Carbon Carbide products are made by our company. We can help you if the price is lower.