Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2)
This solid lubricant is also known as the “king solid lubricant.”
Molybdenum diulfide, or molybdenum powder, is made from a natural concentrate of molybdenum after chemical purification. The color is black, with a slight gray metallic luster. It’s slippery and not soluble in water. Molybdenum diulfide offers the benefits of being non-sticky, and having good dispersibility. It can also be added to greases in order to produce a non-sticky, colloidal state. This will increase the lubricity as well as the extreme pressure.
It is suitable for equipment that is subjected to high temperatures, pressures, speeds, and loads. Molybdenum Disulfide has the ability to increase friction and reduce friction when used at low temperatures, while reducing friction and friction at higher temperatures.
Molybdenum diulfide is used in a variety of ways as a solid lubricant.
1. Lubrication in wide temperature conditions. The range of grease and lubricating oil is 60degC-350degC. The solid molybdenum disulfide lubricant has a temperature range from 270degC up to 1000degC.
2. Lubrication for heavy loads: The oil films of lubricating grease and oil can only support relatively small load values. Once the load is exceeded, the oil film will rupture. The solid lubricating layer can support a load of 108Pa on average.
3. Lubrication for vacuum conditions. Under high vacuum, lubricating greases and oils are highly evaporative. They can easily damage vacuum environments and impact the performance of other parts. Generally, solid lubricants containing molybdenum diulfide are used as lubricants.
4. Lubricants under radiation conditions: General liquid lubricants polymerize and decompose in radiation conditions. They lose their lubricating characteristics. Solid lubricants offer better radiation resistance.
5. Lubrication of conductive surface: The friction between conductive surfaces such as motor brush, conductive slides, solar collector rings or sliding electrical contacts of artificial satellites that work in vacuum can be made out of metal, carbon graphite and composite materials.
6. Molybdenum disulfide is suitable for harsh environmental conditions. For example, transportation machinery, engineering equipment, metallurgical or steel industry institutions, mine machinery and other transmission components that are exposed to dust, sand and high temperatures and humidity.
7. Corrosive Environments: Ship machinery, chemical machinery, and other transmission parts operating in corrosive mediums such as seawater, water (steam), acid, alkali, or salt must be able to withstand different levels of chemical corrosion. Molybdenum Disulfide Solid can be used to lubricate the transmission parts that are working in such a situation.
8. MoS2 can be used to lubricate the transmission parts of electronic, textile, food and medicine machines, as well as printing, paper and other equipment.
9. Maintenance is not required in all cases: Some transmission components do not require maintenance. Others need to reduce maintenance frequency to save on costs. MoS2 solid greases are convenient and economical in these cases.
Tech Co., Ltd. is a professional
The powder of molybdenum disulfide
With over 12 year experience in chemical product research and development. We accept payment by Credit Card, T/T (West Union), Paypal, West Union or T/T. The goods will be shipped to overseas customers via FedEx or DHL.
You can contact us for high quality molybdenum powder.
Send an inquiry.