Magnesium Nitride’s molar mass is 100.95g/mol. Its density is 2.71g/cm3. Magnesium-nitride can be completely dissolved into acid and water but is partially dissolved when it is mixed with ether and alcohol.
Magnesium Nitride has a melting temperature of 1500 degrees. Magnesium Nitride, like other metal nitrides reacts with the water to make ammonia. Used as a catalyst. Use acidic or aqueous nonmetallic compounds to react to create ammonium salts.
Magnesium oxide is a ceramic substance in nature. Magnesium nutride has high resistance to corrosion, which greatly increases production efficiency. Magnesium-nitride has high thermal conductivity as well as high temperature and corrosion resistance. Magnesium-nitride is also important because it can be used as a catalyst to synthesize boron nitrogen.
What does Magnesium Nickelide do?
1. This is used to create nitrides of other elements with high hardness and high thermal conductivity. It also provides corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and high temperature resistance. Magnesium nitride was the catalyst in the first successful synthesises of cubic-boron nitride.
2. This is used for high-strength steel additives. Magnesium trioxide (Mg3N2) replaces the desulphurized magnesia in construction steel smelting. It is useful to increase steel’s density, strength and tension. Additionally, magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) can be used to reduce the number of additives which helps reduce the production costs of construction steel.
3. Special ceramic materials can be prepared using this method
4. To make special alloy foaming agents
5. For the production of special glass
6. Catalytic polymer crosslinking
7. This is for the recycling of nuclear waste
How to Make Magnesium Nitride.
Presently, the most common preparation methods for magnesium nitride consist of direct reaction method with magnesium powder, reaction method with magnesium with nitrogen in plasma flow, magnesium coil blast method in nitrogen atmosphere and low pressure chemical gases complementary product method.
G. Soto et.al. Pulse laser deposition allowed for the preparation of amorphous magnesium oxide films with different Mg/N ratios. These methods are difficult to industrialize because they require long processes and high yields.
While direct magnesium powder-nitrogen reaction has industrial value, it is more difficult and requires longer reaction times and higher temperatures. The shape of magnesium nitride particles is also less precise and easier to agglomerate. This makes it not suitable for industrial quality. N2 and N3 can be broken down into N- more quickly than N2, while H2 can inhibit the formation MgO. Ammonia gas can also be used to provide nitrogen. Chen Faqin et al. Liquid ammonia was used as a nitrogen source to prepare magnesium Nitride Powder by direct nitriding magnesium powder. We can draw the following conclusions: Thermodynamic analysis shows that liquid ammonia could react more with magnesium powder than nitrogen to produce magnesium nitride. Magnesium nitride powder of high quality and uniform particles can be prepared at 600°C in ammonia atmosphere. After 1h, heat to 800°C, 500ml/min ammonia flow, and 1h nitriding.
Magnesium Nitride Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Pulver Supplier
Technology Co. Ltd. is a trusted global supplier and manufacturer of chemical materials. We have more than 12 years experience in producing super high-quality chemicals.
You can contact us to request high-quality HTML3N2 Powder. (email@example.com)